Sunday, July 13, 2008

like a dove...

letting go of a love is a simple thought, not so easy to do. i know in my heart that i have incredibly true, wonderful, adoring feelings for you. i open my hands, & declare that i am letting go of the dream of marrying you. what i had been doing is not working: trying to make someone be my boyfriend does not work. did i ever ask you to be it, no, should i have? wanting to be important to someone when they are not ready/willing to commit is so depressing. it causes me much sadness, feelings of unworthiness & defeat. i know when i am like this, i make you nervous & closed up. perhaps it is the lack of the continuous chase, but after a while, who needs to keep playing that game? just declare a win- you chased me & then i chased you & you won me & i won you: basta ya! i stand for loving you. alas...i declare to let all that go: to be free, confident & respectful. i changed the path that was not working. i made an offer to be friends: accepted.

i need my heart to mend. so, here is to another day of letting the dove go. deep breath. blow the dandelion.

song of the day: Emiliana Torrini Sunny Road

2 comments:

  1. Keep your hands open. After letting it go, you now have a space to openly receive. No grasping needed.

    I'll hang with you on the sunny road... I'm totally here for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. STELLA !!!!! (great moment from streetcar named desire)

    thank you! i love you girl! ;) soon, consider me a lovely tree with space for birds to land on. no pooping though!

    ReplyDelete