Sunday, November 30, 2008

death to my cami :(



upon waking fully refreshed & looking out my window & seeing a thin covering of snow i had a genius idea! take pictures of the first snow fall in my beautiful home-town. deep green grass with little white bursts- it was beautiful! stepping outside, into my mom's jacket & out onto our beautiful newly-done deck i took a step onto a sheet of black ice. my legs slipped out from under me & i landed with my back & neck to the stairs, & my dearest cami-friend landed in a very unsettling position. the lens is busted- totally destroyed...oh the pain! i worked with it for about 30 minutes before i left, my yoga routine on the back-burner. to no avail...cami is dead :( it was my pal - i brought it around the city & world for 2 years straight -it's been to more countries & concerts than some people & seen an incredible wealth of smiles & faces of newbies & people i hold dear to my heart. it just plain sucks! my body aches, i've heard buzzing in my ear all day long, and my fingers go slightly numb at times- hopefully this all disappears tonight. even so, i'm more frustrated at not having the camera to work with. it was so handy! i've got my quality camera - to carry it around on a daily basis will be a new challenge. and as i've wanted to do for 2 years, i am going to buy a video camera - a good one w/good quality sound & get to some new projects i'm into. cami may have a second chance at being fixed; if not, there will be a burial at sea for my pal.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!! I'm SO sorry to hear about your camera! But...I'm more concerned about your fall...are you okay this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for asking jodi! i'm in pain but think it's only soft tissue & some musculo-skeletal damage - nothing too serious. if i still hurt in a few days i'll go to an md- but no insurance right now...i think i have insurance as of the 8th! whoo hoo. but this year has been one of the healthiest of my life- love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man!
    I'm glad you are ok, and I feel you pain on your cami-friend. Perhaps a blessing in disguise to have you switch your routine a bit or push you to your other wishes of what to carry with you and how to record the world. . . ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think maybe it was a blessing - my MD once told me people do not just fall, they fall when they have too much going on. last year when i was at my lowest, i fell & my life changed in a million ways. this time, i see it changing too. how will i bring my creativity into the world...we shall see!

    ReplyDelete