Wednesday, November 12, 2008

love is not direct moonshine

my ode to my perfectly imperfect life... (a work in progress)

quiet voice, slow-moving, gliding feet
moving & swaying to the rhythm of the beat.

at peace, at rest...then distress.

while drowning in moonshine filled with glee
i am weighed down by the anchor of general lee.

out pours my love & in pours loneliness.

my heart lives in a small, 4-chamber room
where forgotten words & kisses loom

it carries freedom in and burden out
breathe it in and breathe it out.

but while the film plays all that is possible and much more,
my documentary is a broken heart, bleeding on the floor.

i am a broken mess.

options:
support the broken-heart fund & disappear completely
regenerate & be a Care-bear with my diamond-heart necklace

1 comment:

  1. Your poem reminds me of this song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be2LvYXOcSI (note: I'm not a huge fan of the video, but the lyrics are amazing)

    I vote for love. I vote for you. But you know, it is what it is, and we would never know how bright the sun is if we never had the nighttime. Let everything pour in, and when you drain it out to fill with something new, you'll find how you amazingly you have that power.

    ReplyDelete