Tuesday, September 23, 2008

through the looking glass...

my dad made me a belated b-day mix featuring this song (song for you)...it's so beautiful & so special, coming from him :) it's been a long time since someone made me a music mix. i love giving them, but i learned i love getting them too, esp. when it's filled with love. the song reminds me of what it was like sharing my life with people, like the day-to-day stuff. i don't really have that anymore living the life i have right now. i'm sola - in various facets. it's good in ways, but i miss the human touch.

i'm gettin' all sentimental & outside-the-box thinking today... i've had lots of dreams recently that visually play out a different life i may be leading on the other side of the looking glass. i wish i had a video camera in my brain at all times- to record things like this. i guess writing is the best, but sometimes the memories are too faded to recall. a friend once told me about quantum physics & how we can be living multiple lives out at the same time. i wonder if that 'other me' is happy on that side of the wall, with that life. i hope so.
sometimes i wonder...?who have i become?...my life is so different than it was, and so different than i thought it might be. some ways improved, some ways not so much. there is so much to think about in life. "a quantum superposition is the combination of all the possible states of a system" --- what are all the possible states of my own system, inside & outside of the system in which i live...inside the system of my dreams, outside my reality...inside the systems of my mind, heart, & soul...and they're not even always connected...

In other news: Max Tzinman's The Cannibal Eye, Part One, opened today at New World Gallery and continues on exhibition through November 14th. I appreciate his work & him as a person, artist, and mentor. He has several pieces of digital art that are very dark & twisted up, including a triptych of 'inferno.' (another inspiration to finally read the book!) others are sad & speak of loss. 'Tiergarten' was the piece that touched me the most. It is a b&w photo of a park (could be anywhere, but it is in berlin) with a walkway guided with light posts. there is a couple walking ahead & an older man looking in the distance. to the side of the image there is a quote that i cannot quite exactly remember...but something to the effect of "my life is good, but it was so full when you were in it." it hit the soft spot. yes...again...love & loss...they got all twisted up in my head way back when & it strikes me like lightning.

while searching for this quote, i got a blink into the life of someone who is definitely not the 'other me' - got me giggling. actually, i am kinda addicted now...enjoy:
then i went to this one too:
and finally... this one (includes hiccuping baby-in-stomach...)

a great song: "song for you" by Michael Buble Featuring Chris Botti

No comments:

Post a Comment